Employment Opportunities with Starr Hill
Market Manager - North Carolina
This market manager position is primarily responsible for driving sales in the North Carolina market.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Represent Starr Hill as the primary point of contact for our wholesaler partners and retail clients in assigned area of responsibility
• Work with Management to develop and adhere to an aggressive call frequency on key existing as well as new retailers in select markets
• Utilize this aggressive retail call frequency, as well as data from in-house systems, to identify sales opportunities as well as influence wholesaler focus
• Assist in the development and implementation of the Wholesaler Business Plan (WBP) through the wholesaler network, then hold wholesaler and other team members accountable for results vs. WBP
• Conduct business reviews on quarterly basis that analyze achievement versus volume and distribution goals identified in the Wholesaler Planner
• Maintain a Key Accounts list across area of accountability (on & off-premise) and track performance by updating regularly. Use this list as a planning tool prior to and during market visits
• Communicate key observations and account specific opportunities with respective wholesaler management within 48 hours of market visit utilizing established template
• Ensure wholesaler execution against all chain programs and objectives
• Monitor wholesaler and competitive pricing activities and communicate opportunities utilizing the reporting/tracking tools provided
• Collaborate with the Management on local sponsorship and special event opportunities and execution with a focus on understanding acceptable ROIs
• Coordinate, negotiate and attend events affiliated with Starr Hill brands including, but not limited to, bartender/wait staff training, tastings and beer dinners
• Manage the Brand Ambassador Program utilizing proper planning, communication and follow-up
• Plan and execute off premise samplings at key retailers at a frequency determined by Management
• Monitor wholesaler inventory levels and communicate any issues accordingly
• Monitor wholesaler compliance in accordance with the master distribution agreement
• Complete necessary and required reports with timeliness and accuracy
• Coach, train, motivate, influence and lead wholesaler team members as well as internal team members
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
• 2-3+ years of sales experience in Beverage Industry (preferred)
• Understanding of 3-tier system and exposure to retail account marketing and management (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative Team environment.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
• Creative thinker with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share
• Not satisfied with just meeting expectations but be motivated to exceed customer expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
• Strong analytic skills with the ability to turn data into action
• Strong connections to the local market is preferred
• Technical beer industry capabilities (beer styles, draught, on/off-premise) preferred (i.e. Cicerone Certified)
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to travel as required
Compensation: Salary plus bonus and benefits
Tap Room - Weekend Host/Hostess
Starr Hill is seeking a part-time Tap Room Host/Hostess for weekend shifts on Saturdays and Sundays:
Candidates should be organized with strong communication skills and an engaging personality. Ability to multitask is a must. $8/hr + tip
Primary duties include:
ID check DOB for all guests in a welcoming, friendly, and efficient manner.
Effectively communicate Tap Room procedures to visitors, including tours, tastings, and beer/merchandise sales.
Execute beer and merchandise sales.
Maintain a well-kept and stocked Tap Room.
Starr Hill Brand Ambassadors are part time Starr Hill employees. Ambassadors will be motivated, social individuals who have a passion for craft beer and an outgoing personality. They are responsible for executing promotional events in the trade in the evenings and on weekends. Brand Ambassadors educate the public about Starr Hill brands in the on and off premise.
We are looking for Brand Ambassadors in all of our markets, including Virginia, Georgia, Maryland, Washington, D.C., North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
Pay is hourly and certain expenses will be reimbursed or paid on a corporate credit card.