Employment Opportunities with Starr Hill
Market Manager - Georgia
This market manager position is primarily responsible for driving sales in the Atlanta & Athens, Georgia, markets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Help develop and implement Annual Business Plan (ABP) through the wholesaler network, then hold wholesaler and other team members accountable for results vs. ABP
• Conduct business reviews on a monthly and quarterly basis that analyze achievement versus volume and distribution goals
• Utilize aggressive retail call frequency, as well as data from in-house systems in order to identify sales opportunities as well as influence wholesaler focus
• Create and promote a brand building culture, both internally and externally, with accountability to deliver the plan
• Ensure wholesaler execution against all chain programs and objectives
• Negotiate, plan and manage wholesaler sales and marketing spend vs budgets
• Monitor wholesaler and competitive pricing activities and communicate opportunities
• Coordinate, negotiate and attend events and sponsorships affiliated with the company’s brands including, but not limited to bartender/waitstaff training, tastings, beer dinners, and festivals
• Represent company as the primary point of contact for our wholesaler partners and retail clients
• Monitor wholesaler inventory planning and levels
• Assist and monitor wholesaler compliance in accordance with the master distribution agreement
• Complete necessary and required reports with timeliness and accuracy
• Coach, train, motivate, influence and lead wholesaler team members as well as internal team members
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
• 2-3+ years of sales experience in Beverage Industry (beer preferred)
• Must live in Atlanta/Athens, Georgia, area
• Understanding of 3-tier system and exposure to retail account marketing and management (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative Team environment.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
• Creative thinker with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share.
• Not satisfied with just meeting expectations but be motivated to exceed customer expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors.
• Strong analytic skills with the ability to turn data into action
• Strong connections to the local market is preferred
• Technical beer industry capabilities (beer styles, draught, on/off-premise) preferred
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to travel as required
Compensation: Salary plus bonus and benefits
Starr Hill Brand Ambassadors are part time Starr Hill employees. Ambassadors will be motivated, social individuals who have a passion for craft beer and an outgoing personality. They are responsible for executing promotional events in the trade in the evenings and on weekends. Brand Ambassadors educate the public about Starr Hill brands in the on and off premise and will be trained at the Starr Hill Brewery in Charlottesville by the owner and Brew Master Mark Thompson.
We are looking for Brand Ambassadors in all of our markets, including Virginia, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and Nashville, TN.
Pay is hourly and certain expenses will be reimbursed or paid on a corporate credit card.