Share The Love Is A Success!
March 13, 2012
Check out this press release from Virginia Eagle Distributing!
STARR HILL’S SHARE THE LOVE PROGRAM IS A HUGE WIN FOR THE VIRGINIA BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION
Check presentation to be held at Starr Hill Brewery on March 26th at 2pm
Charlottesville, Virginia—March 13, 2012—Starr Hill Brewery recently concluded a very successful program designed to raise funds for the Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation (VBCF). With the help of Virginia Eagle Distributing, a select group of local retailers and devoted Starr Hill consumers, the brewery was able to raise in excess of $5,000 in just over a month.
This program entitled “Share The Love” was developed by Mark Thompson, Founder and Master Brewer at Starr Hill, and Scott Heinz, COO of Virginia Eagle Distributing. The two believed that the connection between Starr Hill’s wheat beer known as The Love; February’s Valentine’s Day holiday and the fight again breast cancer was something that needed to be explored. The plan was simply to offer a donation to the VBCF per case sold.
“What a perfect connection. A local brewery with a great community connection wants to support a group that helps combat a disease that has been devastating to many people in our local area,” said Mark Thompson. “We have all been touched by cancer in some form. Starr Hill is always looking for ways to give back and support when we can.”
The program was simple, but effective. Virginia Eagle retailers were happy to join the cause. The Love was everywhere. The Winchester and Northern Virginia markets promoted the program with catchy displays and drink specials, while the southern territories conducted more than 20 restaurant/bar promotions throughout Charlottesville and Harrisonburg in February.
The month’s most successful single event was a President’s Day weekend promotion at Massanutten resort, which resulted in more than $1,000 in donations. Great Eastern Purveyors (GEP), Massanutten Resort and Starleigh Entertainment put together a mountain party that brought together homeowners and guests to support the cause. “Our Massanutten community, GEP and Starleigh really stepped up,” said Sarah Elson-Staniunas, Business Relations Director for Massanutten resort. “I was not surprised to see this type of response. Our community of owners and guests are always very supportive.”
“I couldn’t be more pleased with the response we received,” said Scott Heinz. “From our employees to our retailers, everyone really wanted to help. These types of programs truly bring everyone together, and Virginia Eagle will continue to look for ways to support projects like this one.”
Starr Hill Brewery Accomplishments:
• The brand has accumulated 17 medals from the Great American Beer Festival. 2011 medalist include Jomo (Gold), Monticello Reserve (Silver) and Smoke Out (Silver).
• The brand has received World Beer Cup recognition twice, including a Silver medal in 2008 for their Dark Starr Stout and a Bronze medal in 2002 for their Amber Ale.
• Dark Starr Stout has been the brand’s most awarded brew (5 GABF medals and a World Beer Cup medal) and is the most awarded Dry Irish Stout in the country.
• Due to extreme consumer demand, Northern Lights went from a seasonal brew to a year-round product and is the best-selling Virginia-made IPA in the country.
NOTE TO MEDIA:
• A limited number of check presentation invitations will be available for media. If you would like to cover the event, then please forward your request to email@example.com .
• For more information from Starr Hill, contact Allie Hochman at 434-823-5671, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.starrhill.com.
• For more information from Virginia Eagle Distributing, contact Scott Heinz 901-210-2143 or visit www.vaeagle.com.